Skip to main content

Synecdoche, New York – Olive’s Diary

Dear Diary, i’m afraid i’m gravely ill.
It is perhaps time like these that one reflects on things past.
An article of clothing from when i was young.
A green jacket.
A walk with my father.
A game we once played.
Pretend we’re fairies.
I’m a girl fairy, and my name is La-ru-lee.
And you’re a boy fairy, and your name is Teet-ree.
Pretend when we’re fairies, we fight each other.
And i say, “stop hitting me again or i’ll die.”
And you hit me again, and i say,
                “Now i have to die.”
                And you say, “but i’ll miss you.”
                And i say, “but i have to.”
And you’ll have to wait a million years to see me again.
And i’ll be put in a box, and all i need is a tiny glass of water and lots tiny piece of pizza, and the box will have wings like an airplane.
                And you ask, “where will it take you?”
                “Home,” i say.


*Dikutip dari narasi/monolog/meta-dialog Synecdoche, New York karya Charlie Kaufman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog